Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Android device manager not working

If your Android Device Manager it says "an error occured" when entering my password, even though I am positive the email address and password match. 


When I log into device manager on my PC and try to locate my phone, it says "no active devices." So far I have tried a factory reset, no change.

 Clearing the cache on play services did not do anything either. The phone is listed in devices in the play store, and I am able to push out apps to the phone from the PC, so I know that is working. Also I am able to locate my device fine from Find my samsung online, and another device locating app, so I know the GPS is working fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...as this has issue has frustrated me for a couple of weeks now!!! I know it shouldn't, but it seems to be the cause of some peoples issues with this, that's why I asked.

Do you have a guest account as well as your google account active on the device? Also, go to myaccount.google.com/ > Device Activity & Notifications > Review Devices > Once you're here could you check to see if you have multiple instances of your phone/device listed there? If so, delete/remove the duplicates so that there is only once instance of your device.


What you can do with you Android Device Manager. Lock: If the missing phone is not around you and you are worried that your phone is stolen by someone, click the "Lock" button.

The current lock screen will be replaced with a password lock. You can input a recovery message, which will show on the lock screen of your lost Android and inform the guy to return it back.

And it is available to enter phone number. A button to call the number will show on your lock screen.

 Erase: If you think you have lost your device for good and would like to erase all data in the lost phone, click "Erase". This performs a factory reset on your device.

Your apps, photos, music, and settings will be deleted. After you erase the device, Android Device Manager will no longer work.


This reset is permanent. The app may not be able to wipe the content of the SD card in your device. If your device is offline, we will perform the factory reset as soon as it goes online.

No comments: